Popular Posts

Friday, March 18, 2011

What do I learned today?

Today In ESL class I leaned about compound, complex, and run-on sentences. Compound sentences are sentences that are out together by two simple sentences. One example was I like to play sports, but my brother was always reading books. A complex sentences was a sentence that includes independent clause and dependent clause. Independent clause was a part of complex sentences that still can be a simple sentences even it get split up. But dependent clause are parts that didn't make sense without independent clause. A example were when my mom came I quickly closed my game. A run-on sentence was a sentence that was usually too long or a sentence that is written incorrectly with two sentences. A example of that were follow me to the pet shop there were a cute bunny there.

No comments:

Post a Comment